The Chamber was established thanks to private means Elżbieta Szumska in collaboration with Piotr Romanowski in order to save the historical heritage of Złoty Stok. The greater part of the museum includes the exhibits belonging to the creators’ own collection, but also a lot of historical memorabilia donated by residents who have joined this beautiful initiative. As a result, after many years, Złoty Stok gained a museum, which is frequently visited not only by locals but also by tourists from Poland and abroad.
In the Chamber there are several rooms that are divided thematically. The "room of prints" shows exhibits from the area of the city: commemorative souvenirs, porcelain, coins from the local mint and the oldest views of Reichenstein .The "chamber of mining" displays uniforms and memorabilia associated with the local mining industry, which has 1000-year tradition. In the largest room you can see historical plaques bearing the photographs and descriptions, dedicated to various buildings and objects in the city. Also, Europe's largest exhibition of mining irons and a collection of old books and city guides can be found in this room..
Many of the materials used in this publication can be found in this Chamber, which is constantly growing for the glory and memory of past generations and our small homeland.
Guided tours. Price: PLN 1 per person. The Memorial Chamber is open during the opening hours of the Gold Mine.